True North Adventure Cruises is excited to announce that the TRUE NORTH’s predecessor is returning to service.
The first TRUE NORTH to feature a ship’s helicopter has more recently been available for charter in Indonesian waters.
True North’s founding director, Craig Howson, reported “The boat is in first class condition. It has been extremely-well maintained and remembering that it was originally designed to conduct adventure-cruises along the Kimberley coast – it remains ideally suited to this task.”
The boat will be sailed to Fremantle at the end of the year where it will undergo refit ahead of its maiden voyage as TRUE NORTH II.
TRUE NORTH II will feature capacity for 22 guests, 5 dedicated adventure boats and a ship’s helicopter.
Howson continued “The introduction of a second boat will obviously allow our reservations team to offer much improved availability, however we will also be able to offer pricing that generally represents a 25% saving when compared to the TRUE NORTH. The TRUE NORTH will offer the superior level of onboard refinement however life onboard TRUE NORTH II will also be very comfortable and stylish and more importantly, it will still be the same True North experience featuring unparalleled access to wilderness, multiple daily activities and, revered onboard dining.”
The new TRUE NORTH II sailing schedule commences in March 2023 and in many instances, it will complement the TRUE NORTH’s schedule, however new itineraries include fishing and snorkelling at the Montebello Islands, seeing the solar eclipse at Ningaloo Reef, new 4 and 10-night adventures in the Kimberley, 13 nights on the Great Barrier Reef and a 7-night itinerary ideally suited to charter that will feature Christmas and New Year in Sydney.
True North Adventure Cruises
For more information see https://www.truenorth.com.au/cruise-map/schedule/
- True North Adventure Cruises has won a plethora of awards for excellence including state and national tourism awards, export awards and numerous consumer awards.
- TRUE NORTH and TRUE NORTH II are purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to immersive excursions via the onboard helicopters and dedicated adventure boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of the True North experience. Modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines.
- TRUE NORTH (36 guests) features the ultimate in comfort and style including a panoramic dining saloon, a dedicated ship’s lounge, an alfresco bar, and an observation lounge.
- TRUE NORTH II features a more-intimate experience (22 guests) with a combined saloon/lounge.
- Daily activities can include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events, and spectacular helicopter flights.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the pristine beaches and islands of the south coast, the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the marvellous Montebello Islands and the stunning Rowley Shoals; Over the Top adventure from Darwin to Cairns; the breathtaking Raja Ampats; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; mysterious Bougainville Island; beautiful Sydney Harbour and; a seafood safari featuring Kangaroo Island and the picturesque Eyre Peninsula.
For more information go to www.truenorth.com.au